When it comes to the best essential oils for hair, we have rounded out the best ones for any personal hair care situation. Essential oils are excellent to use both on the scalp and hair for multiple reasons. Whether you want to reduce dandruff or moisturize dry hair, essential oils have the beneficial compounds and properties to whip your hair in the best shape. Below are the best essential oils to use on any hair type.
- Lavender essential oil is a popular option for speeding up hair growth and soothing dry scalp. Because of Lavender oil’s antibacterial qualities, it is effective for eliminating dandruff and irritated scalp. Feeling emotionally overwhelmed and stressed can cause thinning hair, but using Lavender oil can create a calm, stress-free environment.
- Peppermint essential oil is the second best option to use for stimulating hair growth. Peppermint oil produces a cool, tingly sensation on your scalp when it increases circulation to the area. It also has a calming aroma the minimizes nervous stress and mental fatigue.
- Along Lavender and Tea Tree essential oils, Lemongrass is one of the most aggressive fighters against dandruff. It has vital antiviral and antifungal properties that inhibit dandruff buildup. You can also use Lemongrass to cleanse and deodorize your scalp and reduce itchiness.
- Cedarwood essential oil is truly an all-in-one powerhouse that balances hair oil production, while promoting hair growth and preventing hair loss. Cedarwood oil also has important antibacterial and antifungal properties that can treat different conditions related to dandruff and hair loss.
- Rosemary essential oil is another favorite on our list because of its ability to improve skin cell regeneration and improve both hair thickness and promote hair growth. If you are experiencing bald patches on your scalp or thinning hair, Rosemary oil will work to restore healthy skin cells and stimulate hair growth.
- Last but not least, Clary Sage is a beloved essential oil recognized for its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agent. It is a natural remedy for skin irritation and redness, while its aroma aids in reducing stress and balancing hormones.
Which essential oil above have you used in your hair before? Tell us below.