Creating your own essential oil blends can be a fun way to experiment with aromatherapy and see what works best for you. Below are our top essential oil blends to diffuse and hopefully catch some Z’s. These recipes are formulated to calm and ground you, while clearing the air and opening up your airways. If you’re not the diffusing type, you can also add a few drops of these blends to a cotton ball or soft cloth for an equally-satisfying aromatherapy experience.
Peace and Calm Blend
- 3 drops of Lavender, which is soothing, calming, excellent for combating insomnia
- 2 drops of Sweet Marjoram to calm the nervous system, prevent infections and boost immunity
Clear the Air Blend
- 5 drops of Eucalyptus to purify the air and relax the mind
- 4 drops of Peppermint to effectively open up airways and aid in congestion
- 4 drops of Lavender for a fresh, floral aroma to reduce emotional stress and tension
Ease the Mind Blend
- 4 drops of Frankincense to ground mind and body
- 4 drops of Cedarwood to relieve stress and worry
- 3 drops of Rosemary to relieve symptoms of cold and flu
- 2 drops of Peppermint to aid in eliminating signs of cold and flu
Best Sleep Ever Blend
- 5 drops of Lavender to erase stress and tension
- 4 drops of Sweet Marjoram for calm and healthy respiratory function
- 2 drops of Cedarwood to aid in relieving stress and worry
- 2 drops of Eucalyptus to cleanse the air
- 1 drop of Frankincense to ground mind and body
You can also use these blends for an aromatic room spray by mixing them together with water. To do this, we recommend reusing glass spray bottles instead of plastic to avoid chemicals seeping into your essential oil solution. Feel free to use more than 4-5 drops of each essential oil when mixing with water to increase your spray’s aromatic potency.
Have any essential oils for sleep recipes to share with us? We’d love to know what works for you down in the comments section below.